The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The grain loss monitor on our 9750 isn't working. New to this combine and never had a problem with the old 9600. Just wondering what to look for. Sensors?? Thanks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
check the wiring harness under the rear of the machine. its the one that goes to the pads at the rear of the chaffer. weve had lots of trouble keeping it in one piece. stalks and straw keep pulling it apart. one thing that is neat about the monitor on the 50's and up is that you can change the programming in the monitor to read each pad indipendtly to tell whice side your getting loss on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
this has always been a problem area,if the harness is broke at the rear dont even try to repair just replace this harness,but most likely the sensor pads seem to always be the culprit,and can be checked on the cornerpost or test box if you have one to check the pads right on the combine.good luck

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, like you guys suggested we figured the harness was screwed. Checked it out, and sure enough one of the pig tails for one of the sensors was gone completely. Changed out wiring harness, problem still exists. When you first start combining the rotor loss monitor works, but the seive monitor doesn't display anything. Then after harvesting for a little while both the monitors shut down completely. Does this sound like a sensor issue? Why would one of the monitors work for a while if the sensors are the problem? Also, would the sensors cause it to just quit working after a while? Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
IMO,
this system is pretty weak, i am replacing sensors left and right. i had one machine last winter, it was only one year old with 600 sep hrs, none of the sensors worked.
i thought, "there is no way that all 3 sensors could be bad on this new of a machine" so i started checking wiring, i had high resistance in one of the sensor wires, checked the wire all the way back to the controller and wire was good, wire out of controller to ground was good, so logic, and service advisor, would say that it was the controller. i swapped with another machine of the same vintage, and same problem. got ahold of DTAC. it didn't seem to much of an issue that i had this high resistance, they simply said to replace all 3 sensors.
replaced all the sensors, problem solved.

sorry for the rant, but when i have problems here, first check harness, next replace sensors.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, well I guess I'll try that. I have to go into town for some other parts this morning anyway, so if they have some sensors I'll grab them too. Thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
After being through dozens of combines I noticed: On a walker machine it's most likely the harness, on an STS it's most likely the sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
[/i] SEEMS TO ALWAYS BE THE REAR SENSORS AND NOT THE ROTOR,GO FIGURE BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME SENSOR,AND I SOMTIMES WONDER IF GUYS ARE STRIKING THEM TO HARD WHEN TESTING,I AM ON THE 5TH SET NOW ON THE SAME 9760 ALL IN 1 YEAR,THE ONES REMOVED SOUNDS AS IF THEY HAVE BBS IN THEM,OTHERS WE HAVE OUT NEVER HAVE ISSUES ,I THINK SOME OF THEM ARE JUST PLAIN JUNK.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How do you change the shoe loss sensors to show independently on the display. Also is there a way to raise or lower the sensitivity of the sensors?

·
Registered
400 Posts
E02 address 102
value should be 2 for independent bars
i'd have to look for sensitivities addresses, i know they are there, just not off the top of my head

1 - 11 of 11 Posts