The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a 9750 that will not run. It started out as,"the fuel filters are plugged". Changed filters,helped for a little bit. Then they said the filter in the bottom of the tank,is plugged. So we drained 200 gallon of fuel.Cleaned the filter in the tank above the pit ****. Still no better. Shelling through the field,dies,then starts right up. Will die on every through in 1/4 mile field. Now it dies just driving it in the field ,even when it is not under load. Deere cant find it.I told him you guys might be able to help.
Thanks,
Illinois Gleaner

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have no previous experience with JD rotor machines, but have you checked the entire fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump on the engine? Check that nothing is blocking it (in case of a defect filter) and check that the line is intact - that it hasn't been dented/squeezed from something hitting it...

Let us know how it goes!

- Peter

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll bet my bottom dollar it is not a fuel problem, it's electronic. Try unplugging you greenstar stuff on the right side; yield, moisture, ect. The big harness on the side of the elevator. You won't need the tech for that and it's easy.

If that doesn't work, have the Deere tech run the diagnostics flow chart for both the armrest and corner post computer boards and the return sensor system, he should have the book with the flow charts. In my experience, an armrest board failure starts with symptoms like this until finally the engine will die and not restart, normally in the middle of the road.

When you do them, don't ignore the mass flow sensor for the return in the flow chart thinking it should not affect the engine, because it does. If your master sensor in your return elevator is bad it will make an STS do just what you talking about also.

I have had several STS's do this in the past and these are where I found the problems. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The code that keeps coming up is AOO 13 47.07 The system has been updated to the new style,it gets its fuel from the bottom,and has the fuel rail system. They changed all of the lines from the tank to the filters,and the check valve going into the pump. They have also changed the relay that powers the pump. Today it was alot cooler here. It worked fine for about 5 hours. then it started again,dieing about every hour. About 7:00 it died 5 times getting the grain tank loaded. That was the end of another frustrating day on the 9750. I told him to tell the dealer to bring me something tomorrow that would run , or he was going to have a big green combine hanging from his ass,after he jams it up his.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you read the post ,it says a buddy of mine has a 9750. I still run the old junk Gleaners
IG

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
For that code there is a solution number 62844, that says a electrical connection on the pump control valve on the Denos high pressure breaks. Use kit number RE524732 to repair.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info , I will tell him in the morning. He can see if his Deere dealer has even heard this. How did you get that so quick?? Are you a Deere mechanic?? Whenever it trys to restart after dieing,but doesnt right off , another code comes up of AOO 94.17 That is only when it doesnt restart.
Thanks,
I will let you know if that is the fix. IG

·
Registered
144 Posts
Check the breather on the top of the fuel tank. Ours was plugged once and combine wouldn't fire after changing fuel filters. It's behind the top right corner.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Have you checked the vent hose for the fuel tank? A plugged vent lets the engine create a vacuum in the tank until she dies.

What year is this STS? Lots of changes have been made going to the TIER II engine.

·
Registered
778 Posts
A00 1347.07 -Rail Pressure Control is unable to match required Rail Pressure. A00 94.07 -During starting, Rail Pressure is not developed after a short time cranking.
These are the actual code descriptions. The simple fix would be filters, or the suction screen that gets located under the fuel tank after the fuel system PIP, which I assume you checked/cleaned. If kit RE524732 does not fix it, get the Deere tech to hook up Service Advisor on his laptop and data log fuel rail pressure and a few other related parameters. He can set it to record for a long period of time, and then catch it when the combine dies. Then just go back and see what happened with pressure, etc. Could be a faulty rail pressure sensor. It sounds like your local dealer doesn't know much about the Denso HPCR system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts