The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi we have a 2003 9750 sts. just changed the engine oil and filter a couple days ago... after completing the change i started the combine up let it run for a couple of minutes then shut it down to check the oil level. It checked out good so got back into the combine and started it up and proceded to move it out of the way. got about half way across the yard and the oil pressure light came on. shut it down went and looked for leaks but all is good. checked the oil level and its right up. I then started the combine but then after a couple of minutes the light came on again. left for the rest of the day and went back the next day. I pulled out the oil filter to see if it had oil in it and it did so i guess that means the oil pump is workin?.... started it up and same thing the oil light comes on. Tried to put a new oil filter in but still continues to do the same thing. What do I do? do these machines have bad sensors or anything like that? Hope someone out there has the answer. I should mention this machine has the cartridge type oil filter not the spin on.
Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
It's on the side of the engine block. It's a 2-wire sensor screwed into a 1/8 npt hole. You'll see engine oil come out if it's the right one. First, check pressure with a gauge. Then put a jumper wire between the two terminals of the connector to check the sensor circuit.

Does your header go up and down? The engine oil pressure circuit is linked to the header controller and will not allow any header functions if the oil light is on.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The cartrige style filter housing has a drain valve that opens when you uncrew the lid on the housing. This lets the oil drain out into the oil pan. I have seen this valve break. When you take the filter out, it opens the drain and falls out. (usually into the pan) With this drain valve missing the oil pump cannot create enough oil pressure. You need to repair this valve, than your problem is solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts