The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 9750 is having problems in wheat. It seems the rotor is loading up on the right hand side and sending too much material over the sives/chaffer on the right side and carrying wheat over with it. We have tried pretty much everything as per our dealer and are still stumped. I know the left side should be the heavy side on these combines. Is there a possibility the problem is clear up around the throat/feed accelerator causing it to load to the left?

·
Registered
139 Posts
First thing is, what type of header??does it in fact match the feederhouse opening??drum height is next, what type of adjustment new style levers or old style that came with the 9750sts cam type????and how are they adjusted. Next , what year of 9750sts???02 and older have the orginal feed ramp into the rotor, 03 and newer have revised feed ramp that they are currently using inthe 70 series.Also what type of concaves???00-02 will not fit in 03 and newer , regardless of concave type, they must match the change made in the feed ramp as I mentioned earlier, rule of thumb, new concaves can be used in old , old cannot be used in new, easy way to tell apart is early concaves had the small wedge lock , newer have long handle type of lock on the right side.Again early 9750sts have a more closed in type of seperator grate, later are more open, easy way to tell is on the left side toward the top either the top row will be open or will be closed off, if its closed off type like the 2000-2001 year have this could be your isssue with too much material on the right side. Are there any seperator grate covers on the left side
???the whole reason for using them is to keep x-tra material in the rotor and deposit on the right side. alot too look at
??????more info needed. Its always easy for dealers to say no more can be done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The combine is an 01 and we are running an 02 930F. It still has the old style cam type drum heigth adjustments. We have tried the drum in all positions. The concaves are the newer style with the longer handle that locks them in place. We installed the spacer kit on the left side also that opens the left side concaves up more. That didnt help. We also tried the covers on the right side concaves and it may have helped a little but not much. Tell me about the feed ramp into the rotor. Does it have fins or something that directs material into the rotor evenly? Is it possible the combine digested something rather large and damaged the feed ramp causing the material to all feed into the rotor on the left? We had the sives and chaffer out and the fan and fins are all distributing air evenly across the sives/chaffer so the problem is before that. With everything we have done on the concaves it has to be before the rotor even I would think.

·
Registered
139 Posts
On your 930f, which holes are your rear strippers and floor strippers located???with header attached, the rear strippers should be even with the opening of the feederhouse, not extending in to the feederhouse , not short of the opening either, there are three locations , should be the middle hole. How is the auger
?at each end of the platform the auger should be 1/2"off the floor and the auger should be as close to the feederhouse weather shield as possible, make sure if you do any auger adjustments do them locked up with header fully raised, also double check auger finger timing, 5/8" from end of finger to the largest carriage bolt head.Move your top adjustment for auger drum to the 12 o'clock setting , you will never need to move this adjustment again, do all your adjustment with lower bolt, make sur the eccentric is below lower adjustment bolt , this will be your grain setting.Now about the feed ramp, all 00-02 have what deere calls tri stream feeding, 03-to present have actually four streams of feeding , deere only advertises three. This change was made for more even feeding
and more capacity, I recently replaced most of the ramp on a 02 9650sts do to rock damage.Also never install spacers to the left side of seperator grates in small grains, good way to tear out a discharge housing.I believe you have a 930f that never got the auger adjusted properly from new and along with the drum in the feederhouse its not getting to the rotor properly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We took the covers off today and inspected the feed ramp and everything looks good in there. We removed the left side spacers and put 6 covers back on the right side. Currently the wire concave inserts are on the two most forward positions. Would moving these back help any at all? I will check out the head tomorrow. I can understand somewhat how the head not feeding in evenly would have some efect but I cant believe thats the problem. Lets hope it is though. I know the new combines can be ordered with the larger sives? The same size as the chaffer. Correct? Was that an option on the 50 series sts's also?

·
Registered
139 Posts
The chaffer , sieve options typically are the general purpose type, with deep tooth optional, usually deep tooth are for high yielding, higher than normal moisture corn, and don't always work good in small grains. On our machines we have general purpose , however on the machine running 12rw and 16rw cornheads we put in deep tooth.After you look at the header, tell me about the yield??and straw type???my line of thinking is that maybe the straw is getting ground up too much causing the right side to overload, most of the time we see it on the left side , there for the need for cover plates for the seperator grates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts