The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a new elevator chain and sprockets in. The rubber paddles are hitting on the top piece of sheet metal just before the grain goes into the mass flow area as they come around the sprocket.

Its hitting by about 1/4" and will probably just wear away I guess but I'm worried it will crack the sheet metal

Anyone had this? all JD parts. Thanks

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Is the top shaft central with the bearings and sprocket and located correctly. Sounds like it's not right on top either sprocket backwards which from memory shouldn't make any difference. Don't recommend running. Not right shouldn't hit

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. The top shaft appears to be located correct. There's really no adjustment. Pretty sure it's the right parts as there weren't any options but will do a bit more investigating on that today. Cheers

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up being a couple of small cracks in the sheet metal of the elevator. Just flexed it enough to come into contact with the paddles. Because it was quite sharp the new soft rubber was grabbing it and making a **** of a racket. Welded up and all good now. Cheers

·
Registered
911 Posts
Ended up being a couple of small cracks in the sheet metal of the elevator. Just flexed it enough to come into contact with the paddles. Because it was quite sharp the new soft rubber was grabbing it and making a **** of a racket. Welded up and all good now. Cheers
Hey Will,
I have to replace the chain and sprocket on mine too. Looking at it it seems you have to remove the whole bottom of the elevator to replace the sprocket. Is that right?
If so how pathetic. Many of the now not manufactured Aussie machines had a circular plate that the bearing carrier bolted to that would unbolt and you could withdraw the entire bearing, auger etc! Is that so hard!!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hey Will,
I have to replace the chain and sprocket on mine too. Looking at it it seems you have to remove the whole bottom of the elevator to replace the sprocket. Is that right?
If so how pathetic. Many of the now not manufactured Aussie machines had a circular plate that the bearing carrier bolted to that would unbolt and you could withdraw the entire bearing, auger etc! Is that so hard!!!!
Have a look on the other side of the machine, remove the bearing flanges and there may be a slot which allows you to screw the auger out, allowing you to replace the sprocket, or take the auger completely out if need be.

Don't know if the 9750 has it but that's the way it is done on the older John Deeres.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey Will,
What....and let you get away with not replacing the bearings:eek:
No way Ozzie, you're not getting away with that;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.