The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change over from 2001 9750 to 2007 9760.
We mainly harvest wheat, barley & canola in a cooler coastal area of South Australia
Apart from the bullet rotor & side air intake are there any other changes that have been made.
Any feedback would be appreciated especially on the bullet rotor & straw chopper / spreader.

·
Registered
212 Posts
the 9760 will have around 10-15 more hp. the combine is around three feet longer. i believe that the bullet rotor will provide around 30% more capacity

·
Registered
400 Posts
straw chopper has a different knife arrangment, along with the paddle knives, it has straights as well. feeder house front is different, made stronger to allow for bigger heads. high unload rate auger is a great improvement. . . i know that there is more

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just bought a 2005 9760, my neighbor is asking me what year they upgraded to the heavier rotor drives, does anyone know?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Oh, he said he had ordered a 9770 and he thought it had a heavier drive, he said he had trouble with his 9650 with the rotor belt slipping. Is that an issue with the STS?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blanchfarm, We have done 5 harvest with our 9750 & it has missed only about 10 hours due to break down over the 5 years. It has always been serviced prior to harvest by our dealer & has only had minor things like belts & draper bearings during harvest but overall it has good capacity & is very reliable.
The straw chopper/spreader, feederhouse chain slats, yield monitor in hills & the offset 36ft front are the few things that let our 9750 down. Looks like most of these things have been improved since, especailly the 70 series

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm still have issues with the rotor belt slipping, it seems you can only pull down the eng so far(2240-2200) then the rotor speed drops like a stone without taking the eng RPM with it??? we had JD look at it they changed the spring and said the cams were in good shape and replaces the old grease with new corn head grease? i don't know were to go next.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I assume that while he did that work he set the rotor sheave gap? We just did that to ours today and gained a couple mph in 60bpa canola.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts