The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the vertical unload auger on my 9750sts, when I test ran it the auger started rubbing on the top gear case. I ran it backward by hand and the auger lowers to the original position. then I ran it the correct rotation by hand and it climbs up to the top gear case. What is causing the auger to climb up to the top gear case? It is not rubbing in the tube, when I run it back wards it works perfect. It is correctly timed to horizontal auger.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Loosen all the bolts that hold the lower gearcase to the charge housing and run the unloading auger at IDLE. Then tighten all the bolts and run it again. I have had this happed many times so it is just a practice i do now after installing any vertical auger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agree with thor. I've put verticals in for years and never had any problems untill last fall on a 9650sts. New auger, when engaged, would walk up and hit the elbow gearcase. Ran the machine at an idle with the lower gearcase hardware loose, then shut it down and retightened hardware, auger stayed put. Good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had two do this and removed the augers and found that the drive hub was welded in crooked and installed new vert. and cured the problem. gl hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts