The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a customer who wants me to put the Hydraflex conversion kit on his 9750 so he can run a 630F. Anyone had this done? Does it work as well as a 60 series/factory installed? Cost?

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes it worth it. yes it does cost some but a much better head and easier to work on. and it works as the 60 do.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:we are switching some of our 50 series trade ins to 600 series compatibility just for resale.
it is well worth the money for the conversion.

the only problem i've had, is that it is a little harder to dial in the HHS and CM to keep it from hunting, that said, not nearly enough of a problem to keep from pushing 50 series owners to convert

I assume you mean header height sensing(HHS). So the existing functions suffered a bit (HHS and CM), but no problem with the Hydraflex?

·
Registered
400 Posts
yes HHS = Header Height Sensing

its not so much that they suffered, since it is the same system as on a 930F. its just that it isn't as easy as on a 60 series.
we demoed a 9760 with a 635 to a customer that was running a 9750 with a 930, after he bought the 635 for his 9750 it took some time, more tweeking of drop rate and the control valve, and we had to adjust a few addresses to get it to not hunt, now that i think about it, that customer had a third cylinder under the feeder house, making oil control a little different, which would explain the difficulties that we had. but usually once you have it set, it should be fine for a long time.
i would strongly recomend to anyone interested to move up to a 600 series

but to answer your question, the hyraflex worked perfectly, and operation of the it is exactly the same as on a 60 series. it is a pretty simple system, we have many customers with 9600's running 630F heads

·
Registered
400 Posts
we are switching some of our 50 series trade ins to 600 series compatibility just for resale.
it is well worth the money for the conversion.

the only problem i've had, is that it is a little harder to dial in the HHS and CM to keep it from hunting, that said, not nearly enough of a problem to keep from pushing 50 series owners to convert

·
Registered
48 Posts
We did the conversion to run 630F on our 9750. No problems and was well worth it.

One of the territory reps said you were better to have a 600 series on a 50 series than to have a 60 series and still be using the 900 series flex. You could argue either way, but I would agree after using the 900 series and moving to 600 series with the same combine.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Quote:
One of the territory reps said you were better to have a 600 series on a 50 series than to have a 60 series and still be using the 900 series flex.

i agree 100%

1 - 7 of 7 Posts