The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9750 with the round bar concave. I want to thresh wheat next year and I'm not sure how much work is out there. the dealer has what he calls inserts that rap around the bottom of the concave to keep the grain from falling through. Is there anyone using them and if so are they installed just in in the front or how much of the concave is covered. I need the round bar for corn and beans.

·
Registered
684 Posts
We use plain round bar for corn and beans, and add the inserts you mentioned for hard to thresh beans. We only run small wire concaves for wheat, and blank off the entire front concave with the metal straps. Dont think the inserts and round would be good enough for wheat IMO

·
Registered
778 Posts
Round bar with inserts would not work for wheat up here in the north due to tough conditions and heavy straw but depending where you are located it could be the easiest and cheapest way. It seems that the south end of the continent can get by with this setup (Kansas, Texas, Alabama etc). You could also just swap out the first concave for a narrow wire unit.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I prefer the Harvest Services concaves for price and performance but they can be a touch aggressive for some crops like canola where you would normally get by with small wire. In this case I just recommend switching concave 2 and 3 back to round bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.