The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day all,

Have a 9750 2002, upgraded teir II engine with issues. Having AOO 13.47.07 code on screen just about all the time. Have check fuel lines, rail sensor, changed fuel filters, checked bottom of the tank, cleaned plugs above solenoids on pump, checked control valve on pump, still no fix!?

Have repair kit RE524732 tp put on pump but don't think will fix.
Also blowing excess black smoke, low on horse power, dark fuel and engine oil is extremely black after a couple of days harvesting. Been told could be excess carbon in engine due to un burnt fuel, which turns oil dark and like slugge (common in hilux's)??? And also could be algie in tank?

Anyone had this issues before, or suggestions?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Almost sounds like it might be starving for air,maybe turbo not spining right, maybe plugged intercooler or exhaust,just a thought. tf

·
Registered
400 Posts
i have seen several machines with tier II engines that have had cracked air-to-air coolers, pretty easy to pressure test them

·
Registered
31 Posts
Crack air coolers were a huge problems with 50's and will cause low horsepower and smoking issues, however it would not caused overfueling per say. Algie would only be a problem if you are using bio-disel and that stuff causes problems enough on its own. Your code is for the ECU not being able to match rail pressure command. You said you checked the rail pressure sensor? That is the most common problem for this. How did you check it? did you verify what the sensor was reading vs. a pressure gauge. Have you tried to chip it by chance, after a while they can trip the safety valve on the fuel system and it won't run right after that and it must be replaced. Most over fueling problems on those engines were from bad injectors however, you usually would not get any codes for wornout injector orifices. Like I said most commonly a rail sensor would read low causing the pump to over fuel all the time. If it reads higher than it acutally is then the combine is really hard to start and whirls up to idle like a helicopter engine. The regulater vavles on the rail could also be bad too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the engine tested for compression, actual rail pressure vs desired rail pressure, checked each cyclinder and injectors and all tested ok except the rail pressure. The desired pressure was 9900 psi at full rpm and the engine was only doing 9500 psi actual. If this the right pressure at full rpm, without load? I thought it went up to around 13000 psi without load at full rpm, as long as it didn't acceed 22000 psi?

Each cyclinder tested above 90 per cent, and all injectors tested above 90 per cent bar 2, which were 88 and 85 per cent. Are these figures exceptable? Would that be enough to de-rate the engine?

Is it possible for the injector pump to leak oil into the fuel line?

Don't use bio-diesel, but is a second hand machine so may have had it in the past.

Intercooler has been cleaned numerous times, have never had a manifold temperature code come up, smoke isn't of a huge worry at the moment, since i put i straight exhaust system on it the smoke has harved, and so has the spot fires!! Just loud
More worried about the fuel colour and why the oil is so black and think and horse power issuses. Did have a steinbauer chip on it, but i have pulled it off since i notice the fuel thickening. Did help the horse power issue, but probably only up to were the combine should be normally.

Of a morning the combine will take twice as long to start and reach 1200 rpm, as soon as it is warm it will fire straight away. Leaking injector possibly, having to build pressure again?

Enjoying everyones thoughts, keep them coming.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a question....you say the fuel color is not right and it is thick? where is it like that and what color? Some other problems could be the pump itself, it could be leaking into engine if your oil is rich with fuel. About your oil being black......if you change the oil in a disel and run the engine it will be black, thats just the way it is. Also if it had a chip on it the high pressure limiters could be blown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fuel isn't thick just very dark, enough that you can't see the strainer in the sight glass. Think i'm going to pull the pump off and get it bench tested.

Where are the high pressure limiters? can they be tested?

Don't think the oil should be black the day after changing it???!!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
are you having trouble plugging fuel filters. we had a biofuel problem from previous owner but usually will plug filters. but did have problem with it plugging fuel lines also we took the fuel line off at the tank ran clean fuel and additive direct into engine and did help after we cleaned tank out. probably not your problem though sound like air intake issue. good luck on getting it going

·
Registered
20 Posts
had one a few years ago that the high pressure relief valve on the fuel rail poped and it would still run just had low power and smoked alot tryed many things and this valve ended up fixing the problem. once they get over pressure and relief they dont ever hold right again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
you know the fuel is dyed dark red right? If the bowl is full of dirt it will be even darker. Yes the engine oil will turn black after a day, almost instantly, its from the soot produced from combustion, all diesels are that way. The limeters sit on top of the rail and are what the fuel lines screw onto. Not sure that they can be tested off the machine but may be able to do inline flow or pressure tests off each line.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My thoughts is that the rail relief valve has failed, located on the high pressure rail,has this machine ever had or have a power chip???9500 psi at wide open is way too low, 14,000-16,000 would be more normal no load. If in fact the relief valve has failed its putting fuel too the return and not the rail or injectors, excess cranking at start up also reinforces this theory. Also have you checked too see if it still has the pressurized fuel tank breather???most of our 50 series have had the fuel tank breather update kits installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts