The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two nearly identical 9750sts's and on one when you hit the button to raise/lower the header it moves right away, sometimes causeing some bounce. On the other, newer to us, one when you hit the button the header takes a split second to move, it seems to have a delay and when it finnaly moves you are not sure if it moved at all. Either one would be fine because you can get used to anything, but when you useually run one and hop into the other it's kind of a pain. So I guess I am asking if I can adjust the header response on one of them.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
I can't remember how or if you can set header raise speed on the 9750 (someone here will) but you should check to see if the accumulators valves are set the same. The newer one to you may have the larger accumulator which may create delay.

Don

·
Registered
34 Posts
hiredhand,

There are two things to check
#1 - like Don said the accumulator - close the valve all the way then open it one full turn. Assuming that the accumulator is properly charged, this is the proper setting for nearly every head.

#2 - check the manual drop rate setting - oil is forced through this valve during both raise and lower (there is no separate raise speed adjust), so if it is closed to far it will restrict flow in both directions. For a rule of thumb, most operators set the manual drop rate to be approximately 4-5 seconds from header fully up to fully down.

If you do adjust the manual drop rate, you may need to readjust the automatic drop rate as well (if you use auto header height control)

If you have any questions about how to make these changes post back or call Headsight 574-546-5022.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts