The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve got a 9750 sts with the elevator moisture senser and it`s been playing up, When i start in the morning it reads correct for a hour or two then it start reading wrong, I was harvesting soys that were 21% moisture and it read 21%ish for a few hrs then went down to between 13-15% for the rest of the day. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know what might be wrong? Is there any tests i can do to diagnose the problem?
Any help please!!!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
you must be the only bloke out there having any problems with it jdmad we have had the same problem on the 2388 and the 7010 and it needs a good clean and it will work but that a case. hope we don't have that problem with the new jd

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
well i just thought that you spend a lot of time on here they must not break down like red ones

·
Registered
38 Posts
You may be getting buildup in the moisture sensor because of the wet beans. When this happens the moisture usually drops below where it should be and will stay that way until it gets cleaned out or if the machine sits for a while and dries out on its own.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the motor on the paddle stops turning will that cause the moisture sensor to read low? I noticed the other day that a few seeds jamed it and it wasn`t turning. Do you mean wipe the sensor plate in the elavator side compartment? I was harvesting cowpea the last few days and they were dry (12%) and the sensor was reading 0- 0.5 moisture. Could the sensor be faulty? One thing i didn`t check was if the paddle motor was turning.
Thanks for the replys guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts