The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post a solution to a recent problem we've had in case anyone else searches for something similar. It could save you some downtime!

Our 9760 with the 8.1L engine was working perfectly one night when it suddenly lost all power and the engine dropped back to idle. After a while it picked up, then a few minutes later died again under load, as if the engine was starving for fuel, even through new filters were put on 30 hours ago pre-season.

Next morning we put on new filters, cleaned the sediment strainer, checked there was plenty of fuel flow out of the tank, yet it still ran the same. Would be good for a few minutes, then die under load and keep dying until you removed the load. After 30 seconds idling, it would run at full RPM for another 30 seconds under load before dying again. It was giving the ECU code 1347.07 Fuel rail pressure unable to match desired rail pressure.

At this point I did some searching of the combine forum and called the dealer. We spent a lot of time testing things and following through their solutions system. After a couple days down, on their third trip out with various parts and theories not making any difference, the mechanics finally had a win.

On the right hand side of the primary fuel filter, there is an elbow fitting that has a non return valve and hose which leads to the fuel sedimenter bowl and fuel tank. This valve had partially blocked up with chaff type material, which had suddenly come loose from further upstream and lodged in the valve, restricting fuel flow. Clean this and it works like new again :)

How chaff gets through a fuel cap strainer, and the sediment bowl strainer I don't know, but it obviously did. Hope this information is helpful to someone else some day :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks, my 2012 9770 started to do the same thing the last 2 days of harvest. Had the tech out the last day but the combine wouldn't cut out. The code it would show didn't mean anything. I blew the fuel lines out & got a little bit of crap out. I will check that valve before next harvest. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.