The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2004 9760 combine last fall and it came with the small wire concaves in it. I pretty much run all corn and soybeans, so I asked my John Deere dealer which concaves to get and they said everyone runs the round bar sets in this area. The combine did great in corn but wasn't so hot in beans, was still getting a lot of beans in the pods in the grain tank. Thought about getting a set of large wire concaves for beans but I don't think that you can run corn with them. Didn't know if anyone has done this or if there is an aftermarket concave that is slightly bigger than Deere's large wire that you would be able to run both corn and beans with. Or should I keep the round bar concaves and change/update the threshing bars on the rotor?? Let me know what you think, thanks for your time!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
We have good luck putting in two or three cover plates over the round bars in beans. Helps keep them in just a bit longer. Agree that large wire would not be the best in corn. Have run the actual inserts in the round bar before but seem to get just as much good from the covers. Afraid that once things get dry that you could over thrash and over load the shoe with the large wire in beans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.