The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at upgrading from a 9600 to a 9760 wondering what its going to cost after 800hrs per year to rebuild. Will be cutting irrigated wheat,grass seed, edible beans and corn both high moisture and dry corn. Wheat in the 130bu/AC and corn in the 250 to 300bu/ac. How much difference will I see in capacity. I know this has probably been talked about before. Thought i would give it another round

·
Registered
36 Posts
Find one with the extended wear package for the thresher and the unload system (high unload rate) and you will have very few bills for 800 hours. The only thing worn on mine is the bin loading auger and that is only on the tip because I have the mauer extension with the tip ups. 450 bushel

·
Registered
735 Posts
I agree, if you have those yields and that many hours a year, why would you not buy a new combine or two year. that old 9600 must have over 10000hrs and several million bushels

·
Registered
293 Posts
so 600 separator? I bet if you played your cards right, you could drop it down to 515 separator. quite a large jump on capacity. I think if I were you I would consider a 70 series, maybe even a 9870 especially for the wheat and grass seed. But if your located down under, which is what I'm guessing a 9760 will work just fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info and comments. Yes the 9600 has a few hrs on it but still a good machine just looking for somthing with more capacity. The dealer said that if the machine that im looking at was in tip top shape i could run for about $3,000 per year for three years but better plan on dumping it quickly after that. Looked a a 9860 but only running a 893 so this fit the 9760. Also do alot of moving from feild to feild and dont want a 12 row just for that reason. Located if the Northwest

·
Registered
243 Posts
3K, you better do all the work yourself, and it will shot in 3 years......to many thin spots. but not a bad machine as far as performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I usually tell our customers $2.25 per acre for average maintenance cost. This is for repairs done at our dealership @ $66.50 /hr. And using J.D. parts. This has been very accurate over the years. As for capacity you will be very happy. Be sure to look for the High Rate unload option along with the extended ware package as mentioned before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts