The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had any experance with the helical concaves. and loewen rub bars.
do they help . if anyone has used them any comments would help me out as how to get better threashing out of this 9760. thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a helical in the first position followed by a narrow wire and then a wide wire. Last season used the loewen bars and still wasn't happy. This year I put in the PFP bars and am more than pleased. These,along with all the other things we have done to this machine have turned it into a beast!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the help dieselburner11. i am not sure if i have heard of the PFP bars. who are the made by.
we farm in central alberta. what neck of the woods are you at .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more questions for ya diesel . now that u have done these changes and are thrashing better at the entry point of the rotor . i would guess u dont have to have your bottom seive closed so tight. so that you are not returning so much material back to the rotor. have you noticed less grain loss from these changes?.
ps hope u get your crop off we need about 3-4 days but have gotting some cool and wet weather here as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello I will also verify that PF performance parts do a great job. We purchased a 9770 this year and it had the round bars in. I put in the 3 extra narrow then the rest narrow concaves and only had the small cover on the 4th concave. I have put the speed up kit on the discharge beater, but next year will go with PF rear beater. I also put in his white cap kit and the removable front lip so you can change the concaves around. When my elements are wore out I will be putting in PF elements also because I have been so pleased with the products so far. Had very little run out the back, and a very very clean sample. I had two separate elevators asked me if I was cleaning my wheat and I said no straight from the combine and they almost did not believe me. I would def. Suggest the PF parts. Oh and I just changed them out to put back in the roundbar concaves, def. like handling the smaller concaves. good luck

·
Registered
790 Posts
Diesel, I am looking to trade up to a 9660 or 9760 before next year. I grow wheat and canola so need performance in those two crops. Stock STS needs help. What all did you change? What acres or bu/ hr did it harvest. How about fuel gal/hr? We get 1% or less DKG with the 9600, how clean can you get yours. I have looked at pf parts and they sound good. Thanks. About 20% of our crop out, in the area 2 hrs NE of Yorkton about 40% still out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry for the late reply guys. Anyway it is a 9750 we are working with. Got the rice accelerator up front,concaves and bars,and beater speedup like stated previously,and an airfoil chaffer which I think is another very important item. Also a 20% chip. Can't give any technical numbers because myself I have not spent very much time in the seat and the year has just been too crazy. Just been fuel up and go,go,go. I can say though that it makes the Kuchar modded 9610 look just plain stupid. Still have some whitecaps,but very acceptable levels. May play around with some filler plates if I have time. Overall,alot less returns,alot more power and capacity.Seems to be at least as good as the 9870's in the area. Good luck.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Diesel, I have several customers running PF elements, all in Manitoba and everyone is still getting whitecaps so don't worry about it. It's just the year. Some of these guys were running their PF stuff last year with a better sample so it's just conditions. But stock STSs, oh geez don't even go there. And I heard of some 8010s with such bad whitecaps they quit harvesting altogether 'till the moisture dropped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts