The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea where to hook up cables or chains when the front end of the combine is buried to the frame? A 635F is on the front.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i thought i had read in the books about those combines having a tow hook on the back axel i thought it was anyway other then that i would not want to pull on much from the back

·
Registered
43 Posts
Might have to get a long good cable and hook to each front axle. Some people around here had to get a big backhoe and dig them out. The guy I’m combining soybeans for had to get a backhoe to get his combine out. 3 hrs and $500.00.
It’s wet up here. Our one combine with tracks went to one neighbor and I went to another. Been a terrible struggle. Been stuck 4 times and when it seems like I can’t get out I just quit and get an easy pull instead of burying it. Now where I’m at we had a down pour and the forecast sounds terrible.
Good luck and pull it easy.
Can’t help you on where to hook being we run Red.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got it out the next morning with a cable hooked to the hook which is integrated into the frame. Fortunately we were able to raise the header off the ground about a foot. The back of the combine was not in trouble at all, only the front which was buried to the axle.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
That's Great, Thank's to the Combine Talk Forums members.

If you would of called John Deere and Company and asked them, they would of asked what mud was, will that's a different story. Will have to some time tell everybody about this.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Glad to hear you got it out...weights just something thats going to get more and more not less....

Everyone wants power and bigger hoppers..

also glad you didn't hook to the back axel.....

there made to go fwd not backwards

·
Registered
778 Posts
Harvest definitely ending on the wet side. Last count I've done 3 hydro systems, 2 final drives, and cleaned mud out of more concaves, chaffers, and elevators than i can count. Most guys hoping for a solid freeze-up to finish corn and sunflowers. There's a nightmare of ruts that need to be cleaned up for next year.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What process do you guys go throught when you have a bogg hole like that, so that it doesnt happen again in the same position?

Camel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We left the field and waiting for freezeup because it is so wet and you can not predict when this can happen in the field. You can see I was not rutting up the field and down I went. I'm thinking repairs are too expensive and deep ruts are a burden on next years production. Right now we are expected to get even more rain, but it will turn cold eventually. We are thankful that no one got hurt in this pullout. It came out easier than I thought because I have never, ever got a combine stuck before. We have received 11" of rain since Labor Day and we are saturated in this ND Fargo Clay.

F

·
0 Posts
looking at most combines the only spot that I think looks strong enough is the front axle. I have seen back axles pull off of both red green and yellow (NH) machines. Not pretty. On the wet years some of the of the guys around here that have low land and have no option but to 'play' in the mud, run a chain, cable or tow strap to the front axle and just leave it there through harvest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts