The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we push the button to unload it takes about 5 or so seconds for the ram to tighten the belt and engage the pulley that drives the auger. The ram engages slowly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is anyone else having trouble breaking sheer pins when unloading lentils with a Jd 9760 combine. If we fill the hopper more than half full the sheer pin breaks and clutch slips.
We never had that trouble last year as it it took a long time to get the hopper over half full.
We have the grates in the hopper over the augers set at the lowest position. The auger is clean inside no lentils building up on the tubing. We had that the same thing happen 3 years ago in peas and lentils after we combined 1000 acres of pulses there was a build up on the tubing.
We just got started this year and we are having trouble right from the start.
We filled the hopper up once and we had to empty some out with a grain auger out of the hopper clean out to get the unloading auger to go without breaking a sheer pin.

When we unload the lentils are bending the grates upwards. I think the verticle auger going up to to the unloading auger has the flighting worn down a bit and it is causing the problem.

We attached a peace of a mudflap in the center on each side of the grate to restrict the flow into the auger and this is helping some.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does the combine have the HIgh Unload Rate auger? I so I have had many that when Deere assembled the unloading auger engage cylinder they forgot the put the orfice under the elbow fitting. When you press the button to turn on the auger does it engage right away or does it take about 5 seconds for it to turn on. if it turns on right away then the orfice is either not installed or installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are straight cutting with a jd635 flex header. We do not have the high rate unload auger.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Remove the chain and turn the cross augers and unload auger over by hand. Sounds to me you have an issue in the unloading auger turret or something jamming cross auger. 2.2 bu augers should be fairly bullet proof with shear pins. HUR can be a problem.

Where are the grain tank auger covers. Might pay to fully lower and see if that takes the load of the cross augers

·
Registered
657 Posts
i have seen the upright auger slines strip out where the auger slides onto the gear box our old 9750 did this some times it would turn when not under big load but when under full load the auger would spin inside splines. try unhooking the bottom augers and turning the unload with pipe wrench and see if both augers are turning good luck in getting it going

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was thinking along the same lines... Maybe pop the cover off the side up by the elbow and see if the augers are timed properly, if they are not you'll know something has slipped.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Change your vertical auger going from tank to unloading auger. We had the same issue two years ago. Tried everything everyones suggesting. Changed that auger and it never happened again. It gets worn and cant keep up to what the augers in the tank are feeding it causing the bolt to break.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies. We Changed the vertical auger going from tank to unloading auger and put a bigger sprocket on the horizontal auger that feeds into the vertical auger and that seemed to solve our problem. All we need now is some good harvest weather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts