The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 9670 looks very similar to the 9660. They didn't even bump hp. It looks like the 9770 is definatley bigger now. Especially if you can get the bigger shoe like on the 9870.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are running a 36ft header the 9670 will not have enough hp. A friend of mine has run the 96 series since they first come out and now has went to the 9770. If your header is smaller the 9670 is big enough. There are more electronics on the 70 series but the command center is a wonderful improvement.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Quote:If you are running a 36ft header the 9670 will not have enough hp.

that depends entirely on your conditions. have cut several thousand acres with a 936's on 9650's,60's,70's.

·
Registered
342 Posts
that depends entirely on your conditions. have cut several thousand acres with a 936's on 9650's,60's,70's.

No kidding. I ran a 936D on a 8820 last year and have run one on a CTS II with no problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wondering if between these two machine what would be the pro and cons. Capacity wise are they going to be the same or atleast close?
From what I have learned there are fewer electrical components on the 70 series. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Ran a 36 on our 9660 last year with no problems with horsepower. You will overload the sieves on a Deere long before you power out. I would rather run a little slower with a 36ft. than try to run fast enough to load the machine with a 30, mainly because some customers fields are not the smoothest.

·
Registered
400 Posts
had a customer try that last year with a few machines, those guys were not happy at all. they had the same size heads as the year before (635F), but said they easily lost 1-2 mph in similar conditions due to power loss. this year its back to all 9770's

·
Registered
19 Posts
With out a doubt the 9070sts is a better machine, they have done a lot of work in the back moved batteries etc made a whole lot more space. The machine seems doesn't make a thumping noise when the crop gets a bit damp. The cab is comand center is lot better, powerfull diagnostics, mapping is better,( pity they kept the moisture sensor though). The feeder house is improved, hopefuly the front lower bolts don't break as much,and the high torque reverser box will also help. Also seems the older 60s have heaps of electronic issues, seem to go through a fair amount of circuit boards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank for the information. By lower bolts in the feeder house are these the ones for leveling the header? Also have a question are the strawchopper hammers wearing out in about 800 hrs. The 9670 we are looking at the hammer in the chopper in my opinion should be replaced. Just wondering if anyone has run in to this issue. We have not made up our mind between the two combines yet. We will only be running a 30 ft flex head so horse power will not be an issue. Thanks to all that have given info. This forum has very useful information.

·
Registered
486 Posts
That is interresting. I have never had that happening, The grain loss i get is from running out of horsepower and therefore not getting the grain out of the seperator area in the rotor. If im loosing it over the sieves im either overthrashing it or just having them too shut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts