The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 9760 adequately carry and push a 12 row head? We currently have a 9660 but are considering up sizing, in order to run a 35' flex. I assume a 97 will do all the above, what about lift cylinders? I've heard some using dual lift cylinders, is this only on the newer chopping heads? My first instinct says that a 97 will work on both setup's fine. Although if we do not up size I do not think a 96 will do both, I think one needs the added HP of the 97. Thoughts?

Thanks

B

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
A 9760sts will carry a 12 row just fine... chopping I'm not sure... and a 35ft header is nothing to it. The 635F are pretty light so there's not any problems there either. I'd think you could even use your 9660 and be just fine, I mean the cleaning area is the same and the HP isn't too much different and you could chip it make it a 9760 without any problem. Any other questions ask.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
I think you can get high capacity lift cylinders in the 9760, they are the same size cylinders but have an oil cooler i believe.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Quote:I have a customer that was picking 220+ bushel corn with 9760 and 1293 4.5 to 5.0 an hour, occasional mud with rwa on, no problems
Well...that is no doubt under IDEAL conditions...pushing 4000 bu/hr. For what ever reason, our 9760 (06 MY), anything over 3000 bu/hr and the rotor loss starts to be a concern. One thing I find funny... everybody (read RED owners) says that the STS has a small shoe that limits capacity, but I find in high yielding crops the rotor remains the limit in terms of loss. Weird...EH!

·
Registered
130 Posts
we run a 9660 with1293 in130 bu/acre corn at over 6 mph but we are running out of ponys. also in reel dry conditions with corn and milo you can crowd it enough to over run the clean grain auger and clean grain runs out thru the air duct and on the ground under the fan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts