The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three weeks and change 'till harvest.
Doing some last minute tinkering on the Hillco equipped 9760 at Kortge Wheat & Cattle.
Parked out in front of the shop getting an oil change:

Oil back in......a check on the leveler......layed over to the left:

.....and maxed out to the right.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ace combine dog Abby checks out the seat......

A Little different look .......layed over to the left with the tube in the
unload position:

.......and back to the right......

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Won't be long now 'till this bad boy gets back to work.....a couple
of snaps from last year:

Climb out from the Deschutes Canyon:

Getting ready to cuddle up to the cart.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mr. 98j,
Those are most certainly some impressive pictures. If you were to park that machine around my parts (and make it "lean over"), there are a lot of old timers that would swear that it was broke! and broke bad!! Man, I just keep looking at those pics! When the combine is in the field, it just does not seem to be leaning THAT much...but I know it IS!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'll be heading out that way on July 21-28. I'll be staying in Lewiston, but might try to get down towards the Dalles. Hopefully I can come see you guys in action.

Brandon

·
Registered
722 Posts
Impressive shots, thanks 98j.
I'd like to see that JD pushing another 6 feet of head coming out of that canyon.
Also, on that 'dancing' machine, I'd like to see the unload boom/auger parallel the ground, in other words, parallel the tilt of the axles to provide a consistent height from the ground to permit unloading on the go. Even when not unloading on the go, there are times that you would be stationary on uneven ground and dumping, not wanting the end of the boom up in the clouds.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:Impressive shots, thanks 98j.
I'd like to see that JD pushing another 6 feet of head coming out of that canyon.
Also, on that 'dancing' machine, I'd like to see the unload boom/auger parallel the ground, in other words, parallel the tilt of the axles to provide a consistent height from the ground to permit unloading on the go. Even when not unloading on the go, there are times that you would be stationary on uneven ground and dumping, not wanting the end of the boom up in the clouds.

Why make it too complicated....why violate the KISS principal????

The solution is ALREADY onboard.....select leveler to manual, then
lean her into the cart/truck.......no worries.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:Mr. 98j,
Those are most certainly some impressive pictures. If you were to park that machine around my parts (and make it "lean over"), there are a lot of old timers that would swear that it was broke! and broke bad!! Man, I just keep looking at those pics! When the combine is in the field, it just does not seem to be leaning THAT much...but I know it IS!

Hey there Tex!!
Got it all cut down your way??? Here, show this
to the old timers.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Wow 98j, that one is excellent with the shadows. Do you happen to have a really high resolution of that one? If so, I'd like a copy.

-Lance

·
Registered
177 Posts
98j

It's been a while since I have been up your way, since the 00's. Looking at your pics the levelers have changed a bit. It doesn't tip as far as I remember and you have strait axles on that one which I think is a big improvement. Do you still break axles? And also do you run outboard brakes.

Just curios on the changes they made and who still makes them. I worked for Tumac a while back, had a good time up there

Thanks,

Chad

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
The country, and the combines, just blow me away. Looks like you have more than one dog that loves to ride; wasn't there one named Junior?
Outstanding pictures as usual!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks fro that shot, brandonswia.
Any more?
That unload boom needs to vertically tilt up and down to follow the angle of the hillside.
It needs to be programmed in with the tilt system otherwise there will be spilt kernels sometimes from an inexperienced operator trying to top off a nice load. A splitter vane mounted inside the exit spout would also take the swirl out of the exiting kernels. Notice how the swirl of the kernels cone out the lower down they go. Now the Mfgs will read this and steal my idea!!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:Nice pics. How long does it take for the Hillco level out from leaning to the left or right?

Not long Hillcrest.....the Hillco Leveler is pretty quick.....faster than
the one on the 1670 that I run. Lenny Hill will wander in here at some
point....I know that he could tell you exactly.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, our own wheat at SRS Ranches' is not quite ready ( especially
the north slopes) so being the harvest junkie that I am.....I managed to sneak in a visit to my son in law, who cranked up the 9760 today.
Dumping onto the cart ....getting ready for a hill climb

Hooked in and starting to climb out...some cherry orchards and Mt Hood in the background

Getting close to the top:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Turns on a dime....gives ya nine cents change...
starting back now.

A nice tight head shot of the Hillco equipped 9760

This field is REALLY close in to town ( The Dalles).....and some cherry
orchards....and you all know what that means....neighbors that snivel
and complain about noise, dust, spray jobs, etc, etc....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts