The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the head calibrated and now what? I hit the float button on the corner post and then it was reading float pressure and responding VERY slow to ground conditions and adjustments with the float dial.
The pressure readout makes me think that it was reading lift cyclinder pressure and not the potentiometer on the head.

i have always had a little trouble calibrating these heads on the 9660, but once i did, they worked well, but they didn't have that pressure readout. i have no experience with the hydraflex so i am needing some help.
does it matter which preset button you use on the hydro lever?
i wanna make sure it is the right button on the corner post.
thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Turn OFF the header float icon on the cornerpost when using a draper head. This is the icon with a header and a wavy line underneath it. Then you should be able to use button 2 or 3 on the hydro handle.

When the header float option is on - it will be reading the feeder pressure like you described.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i got it working pretty well, i just seems really jumpy compared to the 9660, maybe i was using buttom number 1 by mistake

·
Registered
34 Posts
if it is still to jumpy - press the button on the armrest that has the rabbit & turtle & header & arrows on it two times... this will bring up the header height sensitivity screen. turn the dial for the command center.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Anyone want to tell me how to get my FD70 to work better on my 9650 Walker. I have calibrated the head but it acts just like greenseeder describes.....very slow to respond. On flat ground it works ok, but in rolling ground it won't keep up. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was trying to use wrong feature one the corner post (with the wavy lines under the head)and that is what was making it slow. worked pretty well when i used the button on the corner post with the up and down arrow l beside the header picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts