The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While harvesting, my 9770 will all the sudden decelerates from full throttle down the half speed for a few seconds then seems to be fine, no codes has come up until tonight, a can bus code came up but I didnt get the # fast enough before it cleared, has anyone had this experience ? whats the fix? cause it kinda freaks me out!!:eek:
Thanks IA

·
Registered
166 Posts
A few years back drove a 9750 that turned out to have chaff in the fuel flter/separator , rh rear corner of the chassis, was causing low fuel pressure and engine would basically go back to idle , I thought that I had stalled it, kicked the separator out of gear and the engine would go back to full noise.

·
Registered
931 Posts
One of our 9750s was doing that ended up being the canbus connection beside the fuse box outside the cab. When it would cut out if you grabbed wiring harness and shake it then it would rev up again. Not sure if the 70s have the same canbus box in same spot.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
well found the code and it was an ecu 91.09 basically saying that throttle is losing communication with the controller so I had a tech out he re calibrated all the controllers, we went out engaged separator trying to get it to fail but it worked fine, it wasnt ready to thrash so in a few hours I came out to thresh and went to engage separator, now it wont engage!!!? Eventually after a half hour after several on offs and it worked fine? Intermittent problems are a *****!! leaning toward a loose or rubbing wire!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.