The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ever I over off of combine I get a electrical shock, 2010 year model, my dealer has never heard of this. Going to install drag chain todayto see if this helps.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had a 6088 that did that it was bad I dragged chains, belts, anti static kits, nope still did it. When it was bad it was like pins and needles when you would climb up the ladder

·
Registered
22 Posts
4-5 years ago my uncles 8010 burned up, the cause they say was static buildup. Needless to say everyone i know now drags chains.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
When ever I over off of combine I get a electrical shock, 2010 year model, my dealer has never heard of this. Going to install drag chain todayto see if this helps.
As crazy as it sounds, i think it has a lot to do with the person as well. I used to run a 9660 that got me about everyday. Yet, another guy who ran that combine fairly often as well never got zapped once. Explain that...? :confused:

We put chains on it, but it didn't help. It mainly used to get me pulling the ladder down at the back.

EDIT to add it did nearly 2500 separator hours and we never had fire issues with it.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
As crazy as it sounds, i think it has a lot to do with the person as well. I used to run a 9660 that got me about everyday. Yet, another guy who ran that combine fairly often as well never got zapped once. Explain that...? :confused:
I'm thinking it may be related to what you are wearing. I have el-cheapo nylon seat covers on my ute, and during harvest I wear those el-cheapo Hiviz shirts. Static seems to build up when the two rub, and I always seem to get a boot when I get out and touch the door to close it. In winter when wearing cotton shirts I don't notice it.

Installing a drag chain will discharge static from the machine, but not from you, as you are insulated by the rubber on the steering wheel, the cloth on the seats, the plastic on the joy/gear stick, and the rubber on your boots. Touch something metal an then you discharge.

Having said that, I've never got a boot while getting off a combine, even with the nylon Hiviz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts