The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a 9770 thats coming up at an auction. It has the fixed speed feeder house, and im not sure if that will work for us or not? We cut mostly 30-40 bu wheat, 25-30 canola as well as peas and lentils, everything straight cut. Will hopefully be pushing a 35-40 ft macdon flexdraper. We have had red combines for quite a while now but trying to add a green one to see if we can get some better dealer support. It only has 570 sep hrs but anything special to look for would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes it will work for those crops just fine. You never change backshaft speeds while using a small grains head.

The variable speed is needed to change when using a corn head and even then you can manage successfully using a corn head without the VS as well.

Let us know if you get the machine.

Make sure it does not have a level land feeder house.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh okay you are referring to contour master. We didn't have that on either 7120 but our 7230 does. Only time i've used it is to get through gates easier. I could see with deere heads it'd be a must but with the macdons great float system I'm not sure it would be a deal breaker for me....

·
Registered
778 Posts
There are two fixed speed feeder house options, standard and high capacity. The standard setup uses single D belts for both the upper and lower drive which I think is totally inadequate for a class 7 combine unless you are just running a pickup head in mediocre crops. Deere should've left this setup behind with the 9610. The high capacity setup uses a 2C belt setup, same as the high torque drive. This is the one you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.