The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ihave buy a 9770 corn and bean machine but i want to change my concave for beat small grain and keep straw more longer then poss. what your suggestion for concave and parts for it ... thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
get the two small wire concaves in at the front and middle and get a large wire concave at the back. Put a strap under very front of the front concave and a strip under the middle of the middle concave and run your combine with factory settings execpt open your concave by 5-10 points more and speed your rotor up slightly. also open the bottom sieve more.

7-8% higher capacity and better straw quality

·
Registered
99 Posts
That sound like what we need to do to our new 70 series in barley but we have already got all three small wire concaves, is there a cheap easy option without gasing the small wires out? We have all rotor loss and little sieve loss. All the plates are out. Any ideas? Quick fixes?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
how fast are you running the rotors? With no filler plates in there should be little grain loss over the rotor when it is spinning fast. Use the miracle of centrifugal force dudes. A rotor spinning fast enough will seperate grain from the straw without shoveing it over the back.

·
Registered
99 Posts
We had rotor running anywhere from 750 up to 1000 with little difference in rotor loss.

We have finished barley and now onto wheat with next to no rotor loss but 5 plus bars on the sieves, anything above 4 bars and there is a river of grain out the back. Got the top sieves on 25 (all the way open) and the bottom sieves anywhere from 10 to 14 depending on sample. Rotor on 950, fan on 1100 and concave between 6 and 15 depending on conditions. Can only get 65 tonnes per hour consistently, surely it should do more, I was hoping 80 tonnes/hr!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is what we do when we have rotor loss speed it up if that don't help pinch the concave tighter. Sieve loss might becoming from having the rotor too fast and you are over loading the seive so you might want to slow the rotor down a little bit but that is only when it is really dry witch rarley occours up here in ND. Normally damp and tough. It all depends on what type of wheat it is too. I do know push them deere's untill you run out of power and see if that makes a difference. We where out of ideas what to do and then I just pushed the hydro ahead untill it ran out of power and that made all the difference in the world. Just keep them machinces full and you shouldn't have a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts