The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does John Deere make an adjustable pre-cleaner for the 9770? I have been told that in small grains to much air is force through that open stationary prelceaner(pre-sieve) and flows grain out the back. Has anybody found thhis to be true? Info is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I don't know about the 9770 but I have the adjustable precleaner on my 9660STS. Installed it for Alfalfa Seed though not wheat, now that its there I just leave it in though.

The only problem I had with the STS is whitecaps in wheat, that was solved with a set of Helical concaves up front.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The local dealer here had one in stock that fits 50,60,70, and S series machines. After talking with a mechanic friend that works there he said that they have installed quite a few of these in the both the 70 and S series machines. He thinks its a must for a good sample and a little more capacity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
we had 2 machines running on our place for 5 years in a row. about 10 different machines in total. One machine every year had an adjustable precleaner and one fixed. Precleaner bought through Deere and only 1 time did the precleaner work better. It was heat stressed pinched in winter wheat. Otherwise it was hard to tell. We now hire cutters and they told us that in some high volume crops taking the precleaner out gives them more capacity. Deere offers it they must know something ?????

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it installed today and was pretty straight forward and easy. Took maybe two hours. I will be trying it monday along side the same machine but with the fixed precleaner. Time will tell if it helps

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried it the past two days and in my opinion it helps. Compared to and identical machine with the fixed precleaner. Better grain sample and for whatever reason it helps to minimize the return tailings. I have the adjustable precleaner closed about half what the fixed precleaner would be. So far it helped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.