The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how a 9770 would compare to a 7010 or 8010 in terms of capacity? Also, will the STS do a comparable job with chopping/spreading residue? Been fairly impressed with productivity of custom cutter's 9770's and 9760's but not with the sample. I'm assuming you can make them put out a pretty decent sample without sacrificing too much capacity? Am I way off base?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Custom cutters usually have one thing on there mind....... time. get in and get out asap. Havent talked to anyone who is overley impressed with there deere sample.... but..... it ok....its green!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks farmerjones. My apologies, I was thinking of mainly wheat but didn't get that to my fingertips/keyboard. If I'm hearing you right, it sounds like a 9770 would be similar in capacity to a 7010 with a few +'s or -'s here and there. Appreciate your insight.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The Deere will take more hp on the chopping end if it has the tail board. We have two 9770s one with the tail board and one without. When you engage the seperator on the one with the tailboard it dam near kills the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts