The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new 9770 on order, was wondering if the SLS is worth the extra money, have some hilly ground 5-15 degree slope but for the most part most land runs flat to light slope, harvest 80 bushel wheat, 2500 lb canola, 40-45 bushel beans and 140-160 bushel corn. Have no experience with the SLS our 9870 gets along very well in most conditions without, is the SLS a benefit. It also appears to me that the extended chaffer section (ICC) that is in the 9870 would bolt right into the 9770, has anyone done this and was it worth the extra effort???? TIA

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you have more flat than hills I would stay with the lever land cleaning shoe. On the level with SLS you only have 90% of the cleaning area it is in the hills where the SLS shines. Yes you can bolt the ICC extended chaffer into the chaffer frame and make sure you install the sidehill modification kit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
A couple of guys were at training and that is what the instructors tol them. All I noticed is that the upper chaffer and lower sieve were MUCH closer together on the SLS than the non SLS. Also I think the bays are wider on the non SLS chaffer. I will ask them and see if the instructor gave any reasons why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts