The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have problems with the inner dual rim cracking by the valve stem and have you found a fix for it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes , both inners on my 9870 have done the same. 40ft header and hopper ext probably doesn’t help . Removed the rims and broke the bead on the valve stem side and removed the stem . Drilled end of crack the prepped the crack with grinder and welded them up . Used a file and Dremel to clean up stem hole , put a little silicone on stem and installed it . Guess I’ll find out if it fixes it after harvest this year. New rims at jd $3500 each and they sold 7 last year alone! Combine is new to me so don’t know how long it has been like that, took about 2 weeks for them to lose air tho.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes it is a problem on some of the STS models, best way to fix we found was to weld the hole shut and make new stem hole on flat part of rim.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my tire shop wont mess with rims welded of any sort since a local guy was killed after a welded rim let go . i take them up to rimex in saskatoon and get a new ring welded to the hub

1 - 4 of 4 Posts