The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Last year, down, wet rice. Quite a few of them, after they broke loose, they went on top of the screens, then out the spreader or chopper (even worse!). I can't tell you how they fixed it because I don't remember a clear cut solution. They may have added another bolt in the grates, but don't remember for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes it happened to 2 of our's one real bad.the other caught on time. Doing Lentils
JD knows about the problem had it with 9760's

·
Registered
854 Posts
just caught one of ours today after finishing lentils and switching to durum. Had some of them out and went to put them back in and there was one ready to come out.. 9770sts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have seen it happen a lot in rice . Even on the new rice machines it has happened. Most of the time it has been loose bolts or incorrect hardware installed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Two combines First one fell out at 40 hours The second combines grate fell out at 85 hours AND then the first one lost the second grate in line at 100 hours. We think it was loose bolts but now they are LOTS tight.

·
Registered
192 Posts
We have used 3 this year doing tough canola. I think its bolt failure. Add 1 more bolt and make sure they stay tight. Checked the rest of the bolts and all could be tightened 1/2 to 3/4 turn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts