The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 9770 with 20.8 r 42 on the front and 600 something on the back no RWA, but all the tires are going the same direction. Have never seen this on a combine before without RWA, would this be from the factory or our dealer, or does it not matter which way the rear tires are going anymore?

Thanks

Jacob

·
Registered
778 Posts
Typically the rear tires are reversed on a non-RWA combine to give it better steering characteristics. The dealer would've installed them. Combines are shipped from the factory without tires installed. I would just turn them around.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The 9600 I bought has the tires facing like that. The guy that owned it before had several machines and this was the only one in the fleet that wasn't RWA so maybe he just had them all the same way. I haven't changed them yet, wasn't sure it would make that much difference. Haven't noticed a difference in steering but I haven't driven it much yet except moving heads and around the yard.

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
Hate to get technical on a guy the calls himself greentech but in some cases wheel offset dictate you should swap sides to mantain proper offset. I've seen 28L/26 Deere rims installed offset out, greatly increases stress on the hub.

Don

·
Registered
400 Posts
the rear tires should have some decals on them stating that the wheels should not be dished out, as well as information regarding moving the axle out, for larger tires, as well as tire inflation info

·
Registered
486 Posts
ive got a 9760 with one rear wheel facing one way and the other one the other way.

doesnt make any diffrence to it what so ever.

however, the one that faces "the right way" wears quicker than the other one.

I guess as combines are heavier on the back than on the front it would pay off to have them reversed if you do alot of road traveling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts