The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 9770STS, going on the third set of upper feeder house sheaves on the left hand side. First two times it broke the sheaves, this time it broke the little jackshaft they run on. Anybody on here ran into this before? I believe it is a 2010 model with roughly 1500 sperator hours. Running a 635 flex every time it has broke.

·
Registered
205 Posts
start with you frame pull everything out the rear then inspect sieve frame,arms ,pitman bearings and rubber bushings in arm. 90% of time its your frame call jd harvest support they can help fix in hours 2092070238

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it a variable drive feeder house or the fixed feeder house? For it to be doing something like that the shaft would of had to be bent a bit, I wouldn't think what your running on front would do it because it would probably just snap the belt. If its a variable drive feeder house then its possible the bottom sheaves are wore. I had one that the cams in the lower sheaves wore into the sheave they ride on and caused crazy vibrations in the reverser and upper sheaves, it shook a bunch of mount bolts loose in the upper sheaves but we caught it before anything else could go wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will check the lower sheaves and see if the cams are worn into them, and also the conveyor chain rarely gets reveresed. Don't remember there being any vibration in it. And to correct my first post, we are going on with the fourth set of sheaves.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You should have not have any trouble and on your first set of sheaves with
those hours, so I do hope you can find the issue.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Breaking? Breaking in 2? I have never heard of this. All it does is act as a pivot point for power transfer down to the lower FH shaft. Is something hitting it or binding on it? Are the belt tensioners moving freely? Let us know when you figure it out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tstephanjd do you have the old parts. I would like to see a picture. This is the first time I have heard of them breaking. I have seen them striped in side and of course burned up from siezed bearings.

·
Registered
778 Posts
If you have a lot of vibration check the electric drive clutch too. If that big outer nut comes loose that whole assembly with the primary countershaft and gear case can cause some crazy vibrations, and it will be an expensive fix for just those pieces. Roughly $8k. Very common on non-5spd feeder machines

1 - 13 of 13 Posts