The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on a new 9770, but didn't see it on a month old 9870.
It must be a wheel position sensor. What if anything did they use before?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that so they can steer a bit better? Last year a lot of guys complained about them swaying a bit like a boat.
Or does it make them steer manually with less effort? JD factory autosteer has always steered with much more manual effort than a non autosteer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't looked in the cab, but they still haven't wised up and put a "pinky button" resume switch like the sprayers yet, have they?
Cause that would be awesome and give total control to the operator, instead of the "unintended resumes" that happen now when you change cutting heights!

·
Super Moderator
2,511 Posts
I know the guy that wrote the software for AutoTrac, he didn't care for the volumetric sensor in the steering circuit, but I always thought it worked well.

Don

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your right Don, it used to be awesome. no complaints. Until last year. Lots of guys couldn't seem to get it to settle down. Still way better than nothing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I hope the wheel angle sensor doesn't give as much trouble as the tractors with the wiring harnesses breaking where they went throught the clamps.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
What do you guys expect, deere had it working good so they had their top guys working day and night trying to screw it up for us.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The wheel angle sensor is a running change for more accurate wheel tyre position for better performance. The problem with the swaying lines is the receiver and bracket vibrating and moving. It seems the roof support does not securely hold bracket tight enough on 2009 machines. We proved this by use of a couple cable ties to pull down on bracket and you will be amazed by the difference.

In regards the use of the side button as same of sprayer is too simple for John Deere to rewrite and acknowledge they made mistake to use auto height resume to activate. If only you could change address for this to change would be awesome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts