The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any solutions for flax.
returns are overloading, doesn't seem to matter how fast or slow you travel. Can't separate flax and the chaff. Out of ideas and any help greatly needed. Is there nobody that can offer a real setting that is working for flax this year!! Hey Nix your so called setting was garbage. I think a 7720 would do a better job.

·
Registered
39 Posts
aylandacres here are my settings from last year and this year . 2008 setting ---( Rotor-850-900, Fan-680-700, sieve-4, Chaffer-6, Concave-5 ) & 2009 setting---(Roter-800, Fan-650, Sieve-2 or 3, Chaffer-8, Concave-2 ) I don't know if these will help but I had the same problem . This years settings were a bit different becouse I modified my precleaner,But it still is'nt 100%. The only way it can be fixed properly is for JD. to give us an adjustable precleaner.All they seem to care about is corn & soybeans. Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did order one before harvest . The front mount on the sieve did not fit around the front brace properly.The sieve ended up being 3/8 of an in. to long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The front bracket is pre-loaded... so I am told... therefore you need to use a couple pry bars at the back and give the adjustable chaffer a pop.

If you measure the factory chaffer and the adjustable... they should be the same.

Out tech has put them in 3 combines for us.... Bill

·
Registered
39 Posts
The angle of the grove on the front of the adjustable precleaner was totally diferent. Also the standard precleaner has a tension spring in its grove. The overal size was the same but the front grove would not slip in deep enough around the front pipe support.To make it fit it would have to have a smaller diameter pipe for the front mount. This sieve was made by A&I . If you used a different brand Please let me know the brand and part number. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
URGENT UPDATE ....... I have solved my flax issue. Today I thought I would try our 1996 MF 8460 in the flax. It made our 9770STS look like a lemon. It was going 3.5 - 4 mph with 1/4 the losses out the back;while the STS couldn't even get 2.6 without plugging the returns. I wished the factory reps were in the field today. There would have been some red faces. The STS is going to the shed with its tail between its legs so to speak. Not very impressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts