The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 98 R52 will only blow a decent stream of air from the vent beside the operators seat. Really doesn't do well with AC, with heat doesn't take the amount of air as it does to cool well. Is there any way to improve the flow to the column vents? I have installed new cab filters (both) and checked the ducts under the cab for restrictions. Thanks of any ideas.

One other thing, what is considered full load rpm's with a 8.3L Cummins? I usually pull it to about 2200 or some where close depending on conditions. Thanks again.

Scott

·
Registered
18 Posts
We have experienced this same problem on our C-62's, also 1998's. The air vent right next to the arm rest puts out the most air. We complained right away and were told to pull out the heater cores, we don't use the heaters in these parts. Anyway, we did, just hook the coolant lines together and let the coolant circulate. This helped some, less restriction for the air. Still not what I wanted, finally pulled down the evaporator from under the cab, so unhandy to get at, but got it down to where we could use a low pressure nozzle on our hot water washer and man you should of seen the dirt and crap come out of that. We were careful to clean both cab filters everyday too, top filter and bottom and it was still this dirty. After washing the air flow increased dramatically. Still not what it ought to be out of the vents on the cab posts, but that is just poor design on gleaners part. Wouldn't you like to get that engineers neck and ring it! Anyway, this is the best advice I have. I bet you evaporator is really clogged, trust me, I tried blowing it out to, it helped some, but now like washing...we do it once a year now, always very dirty. Good luck...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well said M&MTurf! One other thing is to make sure your evaporator back on the radiator is that clean as well. Those systems are weak at best, and they must me in top notch condition to only perform adequately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the ductwork between the filters and the evaporator under the cab. Maybe you could use some duct tape and try to pressurize the ductwork to find a small seam that is leaking. Silicone should work fine for a repair. A very small leak can suck a lot of dirt into a damp evaporator.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Be sure the vents under the front of the seat by your heels are OPEN....they are return (suction) vents if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Gleaner dealer sold me a relay kit of some type that is supposed speed up the fan or something. I haven't installed it yet

·
Registered
293 Posts
kjklop,

Have you had a chance to install your relay? If so did you notice more fan speed? If you notice a difference let us know what the part # was on that relay I might be interested in giving it a try on our machine. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts