The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1979 IH 986. I accidentally turned the tire calibration screw on my digital display, cant find any info on how to set it back to the right adjustment

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
You're the fellow who was having grief hooking that monitor up last week right? I saw you had commented the schematic I posted didn't match your unit, been so long since I was into one of these I forgot, there is an updated module, which is the one you have that has ten connectors instead of nine as in my previous post. Just got my memory refreshed looking up the tire settings lol.

As for setting your tire size, its based on what size of tires you have, ie: 18.4 38 R1. To know where you are currently at, there will be a number displayed on the screen after it goes thru the test cycle on initial power up sequence. You adjust the screw one way or the other until you see the proper number displayed. You keep adjusting and then cycling thru the test squence until you get it right. Never had to do one so not sure how sensitive it is. Most other monitors actually use multiple sliding switches to adjust such things as tire size. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, yes i posted about the wiring a week or two ago, turns out i had it hooked up right, sent it off to get tested, they didnt find anything wrong, i got it back and hooked it up the same way, not sure if they cleaned it or what the deal was.
Do you know is there like a calibration mode for the tire size? While the display is on i can turn the screw a click or two and it doesnt display anything different. The monitor wasn't on when i turned the screw by accident to begin with so maybe it didn't change it if its a digital adjustment rather than mechanical?

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Cycle the unit thru its test sequence by turning the key off and on then pay attention to the number that comes up once the test sequence is done, that is current setting. Then turn the screw one way or the other a bit and try it again and keep doing this until you get the number displayed that matches your tires. Its a hit and miss thing, basically says so in the book. I would suggest only turning it a bit at a time and you'll just have to see what it does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts