The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We run 3 9860's and are finding that the contour master cylinder is kind of slow for a 36 foot draper. On one machine we put one a full length auger to try and straight cut canola,and it doesn't tilt in anymore,have to put header all the way down to bring it back to center from right tilt. 70 series cylinder is a lot bigger .but doesn't fit 60 series. anybody have a solution to this.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
I have never been able to understand how you can run contour master
in combination with a spring suspension with out some sort of balance fight between the two.
Can you explain that to me?
Or when you run contour master is spring float locked out?

Don

·
Registered
620 Posts
Your right Don, contour should not be used with a draper. When a draper is hooked to a Case-IH the lateral tilt is locked out at center position and both manual and auto will not function for the balance issue you mention and the effects it has on the spring suspension. Doesn't Deere lock the contour function out with a draper head?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I run a 2007 CIH 8010 and the tilt is not locked out. I use it all the time when I move between fields to get over fence posts and stuff. I even use it in the field when my draper needs a little help in uneven rolling ground. I wish they'd tie in the tilt option so that it could work on auto with the draper headers.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Honeybee has available header height sensors that read off of the leaf springs and will tilt the feeder to equalize the weight on each leaf spring automatically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts