The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the feeder house raise and lower goes haywire, jumps up and down and then stops responding altogether. Finish the day at fixed header height. I was able to manually raise and lower the header by depressing the solenoid plungers under the cap that secures the coils. Today after checking for voltage at the connectors it appears there is a signal but only for a second. I was able to cycle the raise lower valve with an external 12 volt jumper so I know the hydraulic system is working correctly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
if you unscrew the black caps on the end of solenoids and press the button while engine is running you can raise and lower the feeder house. this is a easy way to determine if it's electrical or hydraulic problem. top solenoid is down and bottom is raise. Most likely problem is the armrest board but could be joystick buttons, there is a test to check buttons but I need to locate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. Today the feeder house is working perfectly. I got a wiring diagram from my JD dealer and was going to start tracing from the engine control board to see if the header controller was receiving power but since everything is working it is hard to find a defect. Where is the header controller? Is it the computer module next to the feeder house hydraulic solenoid valves?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I checked all the connectors and messed with enough wiring harnesses that I should have flushed something out. In fear, I ran a set of wires to the solenoids with a two way toggle up in the cab so I could manually control the feeder house raising and lowering. Miraculously, the feeder house has worked perfectly since that one episode. Just finished the last of the soybeans this past Saturday with no problems. I talked to a John Deere Tech at the Farm Machinery Show in Louisville and he recommended a full diagnostic check by my dealer which I will probably do in the next month. Thank you for all the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.