The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple of days ago about problems I'm having with upper feederhouse sheave bearings and got to wondering if I would be better off changing it to fixed speed drive. I don't use this combine on the corn header anymore, just a flex head in soybeans, so I don't really need the variable speed anyway. I know this was doable on the 50 series because we did it to our 9750 several years ago but I'm not sure if it's available for a 9860. Does anyone know and if so would you have the parts bundle number? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
For 50 and 60 Series - Install BH84417 which will convert the variable speed drive to a fixed speed drive. A potential customer for this bundle must be informed that this drive will no longer allow him to vary the feeder house speed and that this drive will run at the slower speed normally used for a cutting platform. He will however, still retain the reverser capability
Instructions, H211484, are included with the parts. Approximately 3.5 hours labor are required to install the bundle.

For 60 Series STS machines ONLY - Install BH84447 (high-torque, variable-speed feederhouse drive. This kit will allow the customer to keep the variable speed option and gain reverser capability. It will only fit on the 9660, 9760, and 9860 (705000 - ) STS combines. The machine must already be equipped with a heavy-duty variable-speed feederhouse drive system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts