The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
70 series went to the non touch screen on the command arm. Don't think touch screens came till the S series. You can fit 2600 or 2630 touch screens for mapping and autosteer etc where the brown display is though if that was what you were thinking but they weren't factory fit

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
70 series went to the non touch screen on the command arm. Don't think touch screens came till the S series. You can fit 2600 or 2630 touch screens for mapping and autosteer etc where the brown display is though if that was what you were thinking but they weren't factory fit
Thanks JD for that headsup. Probably best idea would be get a 2100 then with the keypad. Less trouble I would have thought as older touchscreens can be an expensive PITA. I believe they can run same software as 2600 maybe 2630?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
The 2100 with keypad is cheaper, but I found it a lot more difficult to navigate through the menus and enter data, particularly if you are on the go. I started with 2100, but after a couple days changed it for a 2600, which has been trouble free for 5 years. If doing it again, I wouldn't consider the 2100, but I do a lot of changing AB lines, and that might just be me. The extra convenience of the touchscreen far outweighs the cost.

I'd reccomend that you get your dealer to demo them together, and see what works best for you.

I've read somewhere here that with the updates a 2600 will do everything a 2630 does except the remote camera view. I'm guessing the 2100 should be the same?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Trust me....you want the 2600 touchscreen.....touch is the only way to go, the buttons just suck.
Okay FJ and JD I get the picture. Hope the JD screens are more durable then. I have had 2 hemisphere and 1 Topcon X20 with the black screen of death!!!!!
Thanks for your help.
Now to go header shopping. might be a few good deals around, its @*ssing down throughout WA for days so lots of people watching quality disappear. Luckily we seeded later than normal due to various reasons so its giving us a boost :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.