The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 9860 sts (2005) has been started and moved about 3 times this year, it did sit outside all winter, but like i said we have moved it around the yard a few times.

I have checked all the fuses up in the box above the fuel tank, and it seems that everyone of them has power except the Engine contol unit power fuse, and the fuse right next to it. no power on either side of those fuses, but the fuses themselves are fine.

I took my battery connections apart, and cleaned them up, as well as both ends of the ground to the frame of the machine, and to the block of the engine. only one I havent taken apart yet is the big postive wire going to the starter.

The greenstar, cornerpost or ignition have zero power, as they do not do anything, usually they will beep, the tank sensor will move out and back in but nothing. One thing that does work is the headlights, and hazard lights, only switches in the cab that work.

Every light on the outside powers up when i turn them on, and yes I did charge the batteries with a trickle charger for two days, batteries are fairly new as well.

What should I look at next? grounds to the cab? postive starter wire? and the ECU?

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright figured it out! Fuse box by the fuel tank I opened it up, F21 is the ignition fuse, that wasnt blown, and the connectors (J1 -J5) all had good soldering points, none of them burnt off and I had power in the wire coming off J5 (pin G) so the board was fine.

At the front, under the cab is a round connector by the horn, Pin A is the ignition wire, had no power at the front, so means the wire was broke inbetween, so I took an old heavy gauge extension cord, chopped the wire and heat skrunk the new piece inbewteen those, and she fired right up! problem solved, got it up to the shop, hired mans gonna pull the harness tomorrow and were gonna run through it make sure no other wires broken, and fix whatever is properly.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.