The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
341 Posts
I have been told from dealers of both red and green that the guys buying the 8010 and 9860 are usually farming with money not for money. Also see some guys buying bigger combines than the support equipment can handle. Hard to see the need for a combine that can harvest 4000+ bu. an hour when you can only handle 2,000 or so, but i guess if you got a big ego or a big pocketbook then she will look real good setting in the field with a full bin.

· Registered
341 Posts
hey farm boy sounds like you have the support equipment to handle a big machine. how many acres you running? i know some harvester's that would love to put one combine on a job and run everyday for 2 1/2 months. i have harvested 6 different crops in Montana in a month can't say that was a problem. actually was good i cut wheat till late afternoon the go cut canola all night. seemed like most of the fall jobs the farmer wanted more equipment than was really needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.