The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have had lots out and will say some are tighter then others. I leave Feederhouse on. I pull out side sprocket strippers, top shaft strippers, slip clutch, and sprocket set screws. I pound the outer sprockets inward 1/2" or so, otherwise there just doesn't seem to be enough room. Then loosen side bearing housing bolts and lift feeder house up. Then if you want more room pull rock trap. After that pull out bearing bolts completely and use a strap as a safety catch for the shaft. Take big pry bar and pry L.H. Side out. Sometimes they fall right out and other times you need to pry out with one bar and down with another. Usually a two person job on a 4x4 feederhouse but have done myself. 60 sieries/ early 70 fall right out/in. To put back in I usually use a strap to put pressure up as I pry. Key is to make sure the slip clutch side bearing housing is properly sitting in its grove.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.