The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a year old 9870 and yesterday in the barn yard I lost my feederhouse raise ability. Dealer led me through all of the addresses on the arm rest screen and all the functions on the hydro lever are recognized, feederhouse goes down but not up. This happened last year on the third day of harvest we lost 2 days trying to fix it and finally we accidently found the problem which was, the auger engage button was stuck on and some how that cancelled orwouldn't allow feederhouse to raise. Thats not the case this time. Its not throwing any codes either. Its labor day weekend, won't get any help from dealer till Tues. I was gonna start cutting beans Tues. or Wed. but I don't think the dealer has a clue where to start , we have a $2.15 inverted basis right now on beans so time is money. Starting to think maybe I should go shopping for another brand of combine to go with my 12RN Gerringhoff and my new 40ft MacDon. Would appreciate any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Re: 9870 FEEDERHOUSE WON'T RAISE

fEEL YOUR PAIN MAN, BUT CANT BELIEVE DEALERS NOT WORKING BECAUSE OF HOLIDAY. bUSY TIME OF THE YEAR OUR GUYS ARE THERE. hOPE YOU GET IT FIGURED OUT

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

THE HEADER HEIGHT RESUME FEATURE DOES NOT WORK WITH A NON-JOHN DEERE HEADER - All 50, 60 and 70 Series Combines

The header height resume feature does not work with a non-John Deere header, e.g. MacDon or Honeybee draper platform.
The combine is programmed to recognize only John Deere heade
The header harness will have to be configured with a jumper wire as follows to allow the combine to recognize the header. The pin numbers and circuit codes listed below relate to the combine harness. There are two methods in which to accomplish this.

OPTION 1 : Install a jumper wire from CC436 (light green) pin # 16 to CC21 (red) (12 volts) pin # 4 in the header harness next to the connector. The only disadvantage to this method is that during diagnostic work with control unit E01 address 50, the type of header will not be identified. If identifying the type of header would be of value to the technician, then go with option 2.

OPTION 2 : Install one or more jumper wires as indicated below, in the header harness next to the connector. CC21 furnishes 12 volts power.

NON-JOHN DEERE DRAPER PLATFORM: CC436 (light green) pin # 16 to CC21 (red) and CC488 (yellow) pin # 17 to CC21 (red).

NON-JOHN DEERE PICKUP PLATFORM: CC487 (light green) pin # 28 to CC21 (red) , CC488 (yellow) pin # 17 to CC21 (red) and CC489 (orange) pin # 18 to CC21 (red).

NON-JOHN DEERE CUTTING PLATFORM: CC436 (light green) pin # 16 to CC21 (red).

NON-JOHN DEERE CORN HEAD: CC487 (light green) pin # 28 to CC21 (red).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Tom, I would like to believe what you are saying and I will show this to all three dealers involved my Deere,Macdon,and Gerringhoff dealers and yes I know that all most sounds like that cluster could be part of the problem,but heres the thing, I ran the Macdon last season and the header hieght resume worked then, the macdon dealer calibrated the draper last week and in barn lot thr resume worked. Yesterday I hooked on to the Gerringhoff to check a few things and the combine remembered it from last year and picked it up just fine. It set for a couple of hours with the head on the ground and when we went to put things away the feeder house would go down but not up we even unhooked and backed out but no luck. The Macdon dealer says it was ready from factory for a 70 series Deere and since the Gerringhoff worked all last season I would assume these short line companys already know about these jumper wires and pin locations. My problem isn't necessarily the resume function but it won't even attempt to raise the feederhouse alone even w/o a head on it, and last year when this occured I was cutting beans with a 635H and the gerringhoff hadn't ever been attatched yet. I think maybe I have a Friday or Monday built 9870.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

correction on the post above I ran the gerringhoff last year not the macdon the macdon is new this year

·
Registered
31 Posts

check for power at the valve block on the side. if it worked last year it sounds like a loose conection what options do you have

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Tues. morning I finally got tech and the service manager out. Ended up getting a new pump, a gear had shear a key. sounds like mother dear needs to work on quality control or maybe quit outsourcing so much

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

Had a late 60 series do that and some of the other stores in our dealer group also, they should of made a better pump when the 70 came out. Great they got you going.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts