The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
We can have some fun guessing the tire size. I'll go with 710/70/42 only because that's the largerst I've seen personally.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they are 800/70/38 duals and nothing will stop them. The corn head is a harvestec and yes it does fold up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Any pictures of it folded? I bet your combine is wider then the head when folded. Theres an 8010 here that has the same head. Hes got 1050's on his combine and just as wide as the 12r when folded.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 9870 is MUCH MUCH better than the 9860. This was the second year that we ran this head and last year we ran it on a 9860 and the best we could get out of that combine in 200 bushel corn was about 4 mph and then we would run out of power and compacity. Now with the 9870 we were in 200 bushel corn this year and we could go about 5.5 to 5.8 and then we would run out of seive compacity but never ran out of power. We didn't have any trouble with the elevators or the clean grain system seemed to have plenty of compacity that way but it could use more sieve area.

AGCOfan
I don't have any pictures of it folded up but the combine is wider than the head when its folded up. The combine is about 20 ft wide and the head is 15 ft wide when its folded up.

As far as the 9870 goes I would recomend it to anybody.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Quote:

Crusty, what size are those tires? The look as high as 1100 45R 46's but not as wide. You need something to walk on water!
Thanks

Don

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We don't have any dislikes with the grain cart. When we bought it we thought that it was a lot of money just to get the grain from the combine to the trucks but it was worth it. It floats over the field so much better than the 1084 brents but it still takes a lot of HP to pull it. We have a 8430 on it and there really should be a small 4WD. We didn't have any breakdowns or problems with it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
5.5 mph with 12 rows in 200 bu corn is 4000 bu/hr.
At this rate, do you experience any rotor loss?
I have a 9760 with a 8 row harvestec, I seem to be limited in speed when I start getting rotor loss around 3300+ or so, bu/hr. It may be that I am being too fussy about my losses as they are very minimal. I am curious though at these production levels if you have ever quantified what comes out the back as a 9870 is unchanged in the separtion from a 9760 ( I think).

What does everybody consider acceptable??
1 bu/acre?
What pressure are you running in those front tires?
I would consider duals another time, but it would limit where I could store the machine.
Right now it has 1050 Michelin fronts at 19 psi, and 750 Michelin rears at 10psi. With that combination and only a 8 row head and factory bin, it too will walk on water.
We just put the same 1050's our 750 bu buggy and replaced 30.5 bias tires...what a HUGE improvement.
I cannot see the benefit of tracks if your machine has enough rubber under, as does your machines.
Nice job.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Kinze, the only difference in seperation the 9870 has over the 9860 is the ICC or basically a bolt on chaffer extension that will catch more of the leaves and let the clean grain fall through faster, perhaps this is the difference?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the screen on the armrest. I think that there will be people who have a hard time getting the combine calibrated now because they changed the calibration system. If you have ever ran the armrest controls for the GS2 display then the screen on the armrest won't be a problem. This is the first year that I ran the GS2 in the combine and it work very nice. On the 9870 when you plug the GS2 display in it will communicate with the display on the armrest and it worked flawless all year. I was very impressed with the 9870 over the 9860. We were looking at getting a lexion 585 before we got the 9870 but after running the 9870 there is no need to look anywhere else.

The bolt on extention help but the 9870 still could use more sieve area. It also seemed like I could get cleaner grain with less loss then the 9860 without being as fussy with the adjustments.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seriously that brings a tear to my eye...
I wish I could be combining right now

but all I can do is play SimTractor....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts