The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 9870. When i go down the road for extended periods [10-15 miles] The main gear case oil level and/or temp. light shuts machine down. dealer and Deere believe scavenger pumps are not keeping up pumping oil back to main gear case. If you stop it will go again after a few minutes. operates perfect in the field. I brought it home at 20mph and did not have this problem but i did stop for traffic and this would have let the pumps pump oil back. Anyone Else had this problem????

·
Registered
139 Posts
Believe your on the right path, are there any other unusual noises or functions like 5-speed feederhouse drive not working correctly???????any other codes besides the ones you see at the point of shutdown?????also take off your scavenge oil filter and check for contamination. good luck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No codes are other problems, Filters were clean I changed them again but Deere had already done that. It did it one time on HWY. I killed it because I did not want to ruin it. It showed no oil did not know what the heck happened. Filled it with oil and took off. It made a real mess it pumped oil out the top of case. had to drain some and start over. I guess the oil was in cavity it pumped it back full, makes sense the scavenger pumps are not doing enough. now Deere will have to figure out a solution.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is also a screen in the bottom of the MEG that your lube pump pulls it's suction from. I'd also check that. The only down fall is you have to drain the MEG to get it out. Good luck!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts