The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 9870. When i go down the road for extended periods [10-15 miles] The main gear case oil level and/or temp. light shuts machine down. dealer and Deere believe scavenger pumps are not keeping up pumping oil back to main gear case. If you stop it will go again after a few minutes. operates perfect in the field. I brought it home at 20mph and did not have this problem but i did stop for traffic and this would have let the pumps pump oil back. Anyone Else had this problem????

·
Registered
139 Posts
Believe your on the right path, are there any other unusual noises or functions like 5-speed feederhouse drive not working correctly???????any other codes besides the ones you see at the point of shutdown?????also take off your scavenge oil filter and check for contamination. good luck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No codes are other problems, Filters were clean I changed them again but Deere had already done that. It did it one time on HWY. I killed it because I did not want to ruin it. It showed no oil did not know what the heck happened. Filled it with oil and took off. It made a real mess it pumped oil out the top of case. had to drain some and start over. I guess the oil was in cavity it pumped it back full, makes sense the scavenger pumps are not doing enough. now Deere will have to figure out a solution.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.