The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A mate of mine has a issue with his 9870. The auger and reel up are really slow once it gets warm JD techs are coming out tomorrow to put a pressure gauge on the Hyd system to see what they can find but I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. At the end of last summer harvest a few things went wrong with this machine, first off she broke the steering pump drive shaft then the new pump did the same thing they did sort out the issue but then the water pump bearings failed, new short motor later he's still trying to work out the Hyd issues, 2000 eng hours. :confused:

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,978 Posts
Very long shot. Get him to check wire looms for a chick pea smoulder burn. Had a similar prob once and some wires were just shorting out on each other causing two slow hyd functions at once.

But most likely a bit of crap in a valve somewhere.

·
Registered
924 Posts
A mate of mine has a issue with his 9870. The auger and reel up are really slow once it gets warm JD techs are coming out tomorrow to put a pressure gauge on the Hyd system to see what they can find but I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. At the end of last summer harvest a few things went wrong with this machine, first off she broke the steering pump drive shaft then the new pump did the same thing they did sort out the issue but then the water pump bearings failed, new short motor later he's still trying to work out the Hyd issues, 2000 eng hours. :confused:
Why did a failed water pump cause replacement of engine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.