The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently cutting a 30-40 bushel soft white spring wheat. Having trouble knocking it out and cleaning up my sample...as well as carrying more of it out the back rotor loss. This is partialy because its laying down (it got rained on) and I am having to take almost all the straw. Fortunatly the straw has dried out from the rain. Its also very pinched and difficult to save at all..it ran out of moisture and burned up. Here are my current settings...

Separator speed 1000rpm
Separator clearance 0-4
I have 3 separatar "wraps" in, I have nothing in the first concave space...the next three are filled. This was how our local dealer told us to insert them.

Fan 1000rpm

Chaffer 17
Lower Sieve 4

When I did a power shutdown....there were several partial heads that carried through the separator.
The problem comes with SWW wheat, it is generally a "soft" wheat. It will crack if you get too aggressive with thrashing it. In this case I would like to clean my sample first and then dirty it a little to mediate the cracking.

Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm guessing your return load is high also, and really high when you head up hill. Cover the first gap in your concave and try to cover a section of second concave where the return dumps in rotor. It made some improvements for our sample.

·
Registered
683 Posts
How are things up there? Down in the horse heavens where we are the good stuff is 15-18. Bad around 2. It's wierd though, cutting JD club right now (yields 10-20bu) but the quality is superb 61lbs 7-8% pro. Not hard to thrash at all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try higher fans speed say around 1100-1150 and open the bottom sieve to 5or 6. As well I have had a little better luck running the rotor a tad slower to give the wheat more time in the machine. say 900-950 u might have to play with this a bit I would do like cougfamer suggested and put one of the filler plates in were the return comes out I believe its number 5. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts