The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
In my opinion, the Ag leader system is by far the most accurate for both yield and moisture. Had one in a R72 until lost the combine in shop fire last year. I now have one combine with a field star 1 and another with field star 2. I actually find the field star 1 more accurate than the 2 but neither of them come close to the accuracy of the agleader system. When I first got the agleader I was skeptical about its accuracy,(seemed to be alot more variation in the yield than I expected), but it could predict a average yield and bushels harvested that when you were done the field was right on the exact amount in the bin. If you have a chose, hands down I would put in the Ag leader. I have been considering buying another system myself for next year.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A Loup monitor system is really inexpensive (about $3k for the whole works including monitor) and I've found them to be quite accurate if you calibrate them.

The thing I hate about them is you have to either weld or bolt a bunch of tabs on your clean grain elevator.

There's no way I'm spending $8k or whatever Ag Leader wants for a yield monitor, though! If you use it in your planter or for an autosteer unit, that's another matter I suppose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.